Instructional Designer Job Description Template
We are looking for an instructional designer who is ideas-driven, comes from a teaching or training background, and is passionate about making learning an invigorating and empowering experience. Instructional designers can expect to work with subject matter experts, a diverse range of formats, and multimedia production platforms. Other responsibilities include developing objectives, rewriting and reshaping content, and developing assessments.
Successful instructional designers should have a firm grasp of how people learn, and excellent web design, writing, communication and collaboration skills. Ideally, the perfect candidate should also have experience in managing projects and a working knowledge of basic graphic design.
Instructional Designer Responsibilities:
- Working with experts to determine what is to be learned.
- Ensuring content matches established objectives.
- Reshaping content for changing needs.
- Structuring content and activities for optimizing learning.
- Creating and testing multimedia.
- Developing entire courses and curriculum.
- Creating student guides and training manuals.
- Conducting any research required.
Instructional Designer Requirements:
- Master's degree in instructional design or educational design.
- Teaching or training background beneficial.
- Passion for learning.