Refrigeration Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced refrigeration technician to join our installation and repair team. As a refrigeration technician, you will be responsible for processing and completing work orders, installing new refrigeration systems, troubleshooting mechanical failures, and performing equipment maintenance. You may also be required to advise on equipment upgrades and alternate cooling units.
To ensure success as a refrigeration technician, you should have advanced knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems, good mechanical skills, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a top-class refrigeration technician expertly installs, repairs, and maintains refrigeration equipment for a client with the least amount of down-time.
Refrigeration Technician Responsibilities:
- Processing and completing work orders.
- Contacting the client to ascertain their equipment needs.
- Ordering equipment supplies, repair modules, and sundries for the order.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Installing climate control systems, refrigeration units, and beverage equipment.
- Observing and testing newly installed systems.
- Troubleshooting refrigeration equipment failures.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- Replacing worn seals, outer shells, and worn-out motors.
- Informing clients of repair costs and alternate cooling options.
Refrigeration Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a refrigeration technician.
- HVAC certification.
- Braising and soldering skills.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Advanced mechanical and diagnostic skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment.