Recreation Attendant Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic recreation attendant to join our organization. In this role, you'll be in charge of providing patrons with a fun, safe experience at our recreational center. Your other duties will include cleaning the area and equipment, managing the concession stand, and keeping track of inventory.
To ensure success as a recreation attendant, you should have exceptional customer service skills and a sharp eye for detail to prevent any unsafe behavior. Ultimately, a top-notch recreational attendant should display excellent knowledge of management practices, and a friendly, approachable demeanor that will put guests at ease.
Recreation Attendant Responsibilities:
- Supervising the front desk or welcome area to ensure a smooth flow of patrons entering and exiting the center.
- Maintaining the recreational equipment with regular cleanings and inspections.
- Planning activities for patrons on a daily basis, such as crafts, games, or special events.
- Managing the inventory and taking note of stocks, order requests, and deliveries.
- Overseeing the food and beverage area to ensure patrons are satisfied with their purchases.
- Answering patrons' questions and resolving customer complaints swiftly according to company guidelines.
- Assisting patrons with special needs to use the recreational equipment, or to enter/exit the area safely.
- Overseeing company safety programs and policies, and attending to patrons in need of minor medical assistance.
Recreation Attendant Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience as a recreation attendant.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Working knowledge of company safety protocols and ability to administer minor medical care.
- Solid leadership skills and knowledge of management best practices.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with inventory management and stock taking.
- Physical stamina and ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- A calm, friendly demeanor and good conflict resolution skills.