Sometimes called Cost Consultants, Quantity Surveyors make sure construction projects stay within budget. They prepare cost and material estimates, draw up contracts, liaise with other professionals, and document any design changes and their effect on cost. Quantity Surveyors also perform risk assessments and frequently act as advisors.
When interviewing Quantity Surveyors, the best candidates should be well-organized and demonstrate excellent communication skills. Be wary of candidates with poor interpersonal skills and lack of judgment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Quantity Surveyors:
1. How do you ensure you maintain a good network of subcontractors?
Reveals networking abilities and communication skills.
2. Can you describe a time when you went over budget? How did this happen?
Reveals level of accountability, problem-solving skills, as well as potential weaknesses.
3. Can you describe a time when you successfully managed a project?
Tests management abilities, as well as planning and organizational skills.
4. How would you go about negotiating a better price for flooring?
Demonstrates negotiating skills and problem-solving abilities.
5. What are some of your most successful strategies for sticking to budgets?
Demonstrates level of expertise, knowledge of the role, and planning skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources