Interview Questions for Quantity Surveyors:
1. How do you ensure you maintain a good network of subcontractors?
Reveals networking abilities and communication skills.
2. Can you describe a time when you went over budget? How did this happen?
Reveals level of accountability, problem-solving skills, as well as potential weaknesses.
3. Can you describe a time when you successfully managed a project?
Tests management abilities, as well as planning and organizational skills.
4. How would you go about negotiating a better price for flooring?
Demonstrates negotiating skills and problem-solving abilities.
5. What are some of your most successful strategies for sticking to budgets?
Demonstrates a level of expertise, knowledge of the role, and planning skills.