Publicists plan and implement publicity campaigns for companies, brands, public individuals, and various products.
When interviewing potential Publicists, look for candidates with an excellent understanding of the latest trends in effective marketing, especially for online content. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills, as this role requires someone who is a talented writer and public speaker.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Publicists:
1. What's a really good publicity campaign you've seen recently?
This question reveals the candidate's tastes, and demonstrates whether or not they keep up to date with recent developments and marketing trends.
2. What's something that you think companies fail to understand about social media marketing?
Look for candidates who are savvy internet and social media marketers, and who understand some of the pitfalls to avoid.
3. How would you handle a PR crisis, such as a controversial tweet from one of our affiliates?
Your Publicist should be someone with good problem-solving skills, who can successfully implement a crisis-management strategy.
4. Can you give us an example of a successful promotional event you've run in the past?
Look for candidates who have experience planning and implementing successful promotional events.
5. What sort of analytical tools do you use to see a campaign's online impact?
This question tests the candidates' familiarity with tools such as Google Analytics, which are vital for assessing the success of online marketing campaigns.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources