Publicist Job Description Template
We are a growing company seeking a media-savvy publicist to generate brand awareness and manage our public image. Using your genius understanding of marketing and public relations, you will plan, write and implement publicity campaigns, including press releases, social media posts, and various promotional events to ensure that a positive public image is maintained and expanded.
To be successful as our publicist, you should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The top candidate will be a creative individual, with the ability to envision out-of-the-box marketing strategies that help our company make a splash in the public's awareness.
- Planning and implementing publicity campaigns.
- Working with the content team to create on-trend social media and blog posts.
- Putting together informative press kits.
- Maintaining good relationships with media organizations.
- Organizing promotional events.
- Representing the company in interviews and press conferences.
- Analyzing the impact of our publicity strategy and making adjustments where necessary.
- Managing budgets, targets, and deadlines.
- Conducting market research and reporting back on your findings.
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Previous marketing or public relations experience.
- Strong understanding of social media and internet culture.
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Copywriting and content creation skills.
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with web analytics.
- Creative, results-driven mindset.
- Confident public speaking ability.