Public Information Officer Job Description
We are seeking a diligent public information officer to become the new face of our organization. You will be responsible for developing media strategies that promote a positive public image, organizing interviews between the press and executive staff, and stepping in to manage and alleviate any public relations crises which may occur.
To be successful as a public information officer, you should have superior communication skills, both written and verbal. Top candidates will also be very media savvy and detail-oriented.
Public Information Officer Responsibilities:
- Planning and hosting press conferences to announce major news or address crises.
- Preparing press releases, speeches, articles, social media posts, and other materials for public consumption.
- Developing strategies and procedures for working effectively with the media.
- Maintaining good working relationships with media organizations.
- Collaborating with executive management and the marketing team to ensure a cohesive public image.
- Working with various teams to organize and host public events and promotions.
- Speaking directly to the public or media to address questions and represent the organization.
Public Information Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
- Prior experience in a public relations role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of the media, including social media.
- Organized and detail-oriented work ethic.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Great public speaking and interpersonal skills.