Interview Questions for Public Information Officers:
1. What is the worst PR crisis you've managed?
Tests the candidate's ability to handle a crisis.
2. What are some things you think organizations fail to understand about social media?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of social media strategies.
3. Can you give us an example of a successful publicity campaign you've seen recently?
Tests the candidate's ability to keep up to date with new developments in public relations.
4. How would you go about writing a speech for our CEO?
Tests the candidate's methods, attention to detail, and writing abilities.
5. How do you maintain good relationships with the media?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal skills, and their ability to maintain good working relationships with media organizations.