A Community Manager is responsible for managing the online voice of an organization and for aligning all company communications, PR, social media, and marketing content to create a strong brand identity.
Strong candidates will be tech-savvy and have experience with a variety of social media platforms. Be wary of candidates who struggle to express themselves or experience difficulty with time management tasks.
Interview Questions for Community Managers
1. What are the first steps in building an online community?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of creating and fostering an online community.
2. What online communities do you belong to?
Reveals more about the candidate's personality, frame of reference, and what inspires them.
3. What are some of the main differences between content created for print vs. web?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of creating or adjusting content for different platforms.
4. Describe a time when you made suggestions for growing a brand's community. Did it work?
Tests candidate's ability to identify opportunities and reveals more about prior experience.
5. How would you handle a difficult community member who constantly initiates arguments with other members?
Demonstrates their ability to resolve conflict and set rules for community engagement.