Psychometrist Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly skilled and flexible psychometrist to administer psychological measurement tools. The psychometrist's responsibilities include scheduling consultations, informing clients about the purpose of each testing session, and scoring raw data. You will also be required to compile reports that detail your findings.
To ensure success as a psychometrist, you should provide optimal testing conditions to ensure that clients' scores reflect their realities as accurately as possible. Ultimately, a top-notch psychometrist will perform minor adaptations to existing measures to ensure their appropriateness for use among our clientele.
- Scheduling consultations and securing testing environments that are free from extraneous variables.
- Ensuring that you have all the requisite tools before testing begins.
- Apprising clients of the purpose of each session before commencement.
- Administering and re-administering instruments in the standardized manner.
- Performing slight modifications to or translating items, if permitted.
- Debriefing clients upon completion of testing, if necessary.
- Scoring raw data and using appropriate norms.
- Contextualizing data to detect whether clients fall within the normal or disordered range of functioning.
- Compiling reports in which you will outline the results obtained, and the implications thereof.
- Ensuring that you use the most updated version of each test, unless otherwise specified.
- Graduate degree in psychology with a specialization in psychometry.
- Completion of an appropriate doctorate is preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a psychometrist in the region where you will be operating.
- Knowledge of applicable data cleaning and manipulation techniques.
- Capacity to create culturally-appropriate psychometric tests.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to perceive and respond to deceit, anxiety, and discomfort.
- Outstanding report-writing skills.
- Expert knowledge of pertinent ethical considerations.