Interview Questions for Psychiatrists:
1. What is a recent development in psychiatry research that you've read about?
Tests whether the candidate keeps up to date with the latest research in psychiatry and mental health.
2. Can you tell us about a difficult case you were involved in?
Tests the candidate's experience, ability to manage a crisis, and their emotional resolve.
3. What has been your most rewarding experience as a psychiatrist?
Tests what the candidate's priorities are, and reveals their passion for this field of work.
4. Your patient's spouse adamantly disagrees with your diagnosis. How would you respond to them?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal skills and conflict management.
5. Have you ever misdiagnosed a patient? How did you resolve that?
Tests the candidate's ability to take ownership of any mistakes and rectify them.