Psychiatric Nurses co-create, administer, and review treatment protocols that look to ameliorate psychiatric difficulties. Ultimately, Psychiatric Nurses endeavor to promote sustainable healing that guards against patients' readmission to tertiary psychiatric institutions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Psychiatric Nurse Job Description Template
We are searching for a sharp-eyed Psychiatric Nurse to tend to inpatient and outpatient psychiatric cases. A Psychiatric Nurse should co-create evidence-based protocols, administer prescribed treatment, and report on prominent deviations in patients' symptomology. You should also restrain otherwise uncontrollable patients to protect them.
To ensure success as a Psychiatric Nurse, you must exercise empathy and resilience. Ultimately, a brilliant Psychiatric Nurse will continuously hone their psychiatric skillset to bolster their service provision.
Psychiatric Nurse Responsibilities:
- Gauging patients' psychiatric states.
- Collaborating on psychiatric intervention plans.
- Administering psychotropic and similar medications.
- Monitoring adherence to non-medicinal treatment regimens.
- Removing potentially harmful and triggering environmental features.
- Restraining, consoling, and sometimes medicating highly unsettled patients.
- Recording patients' health journeys and reporting on notable alterations.
- Conducting targeted psychoeducation, particularly within families.
Psychiatric Nurse Requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing, where the latter is preferred.
- Pertinent state licensure.
- PMHNP-BC is preferred.
- Receipt of BLS training.
- Familiarity with cultural perceptions about psychiatric difficulties.
- Well-honed triaging, diagnostic, and clinical judgment capacities.
- Superb interpersonal and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resilience, immense empathy, and resolution.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources