Protective Services Worker Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced protective services worker that will join our social services department. In this role, your duties will include determining the validity of abuse claims, arranging protective care and services for children or adults in unsafe environments, and compiling case documents.
To ensure success as a protective services worker, you should display excellent knowledge of social services laws, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-notch protective services worker should be an empathetic individual with a strong intuition and knowledge of social work best practices.
Protective Services Worker Responsibilities:
- Investing and verifying claims of neglect or abuse by interviewing involved parties and conducting home visits.
- Collecting evidence such as medical reports, arrest records, and court filings to determine the validity of claims.
- Working with law enforcement members to coordinate immediate protective services if needed.
- Arranging placement on a temporary or permanent basis for affected individuals.
- Preparing and compiling case documents to present at court proceedings or follow-up home visits.
- Working with service providers and law enforcement to provide information on cases in progress.
- Monitoring the wellbeing of affected individuals and arranging other care services, such as counseling, as needed.
- Reviewing case documents, evidence, and court proceedings to determine the feasibility of reintegration into the affected home.
- Closing resolved cases and keeping a detailed record of all case files, documents, and recorded evidence.
Protective Services Worker Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or a relevant field.
- Clinical social work state license.
- At least 3 years of experience as a protective services worker.
- Solid knowledge of social services-related government laws, regulations, and policies.
- Good communication skills and a kind, empathetic demeanor.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to navigate stressful situations and remain calm under pressure.