A Prosecutor acts as a legal representative of a victim of a crime. Prosecutors research and present the case in a criminal trial in the effort of punishing the individual accused of committing the crime.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Prosecutor Job Description
We are looking for a passionate Prosecutor to represent victims in criminal court cases. The responsibilities of Prosecutors include interviewing witnesses, reading through police reports, and performing legal research to plan the prosecution of each case.
To be successful as a Prosecutor, you should demonstrate good reasoning skills, an understanding of the community's needs, and excellent public speaking abilities. Ultimately, a top-notch Prosecutor should be comfortable in the court room, possess effective communication skills, and superior research skills.
- Working with police officers and court staff.
- Instructing and advising counsel in court.
- Liaising with criminal justice and law enforcement agencies.
- Ensuring that criminals are punished fairly.
- Screening possible criminals.
- Handling appeals.
- Preparing criminal cases for pre-trial and trial.
- Law degree from an accredited Law School.
- Must be a member of the Bar Association.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Good reasoning and logical skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources