Project Analysts support the project team through the project life cycle from contributing to the planning process, setting KPIs, and analyzing project performance to providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
Project Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Project Analyst to join our team. The Project Analyst's responsibilities include supporting the project manager with overseeing and coordinating projects, contributing to project planning, preparing and maintaining documentation, reviewing contracts and financials, monitoring project activities, and evaluating the overall project.
To be successful as a Project Analyst you should be able to derive insights from large amounts of data that support and guide optimal project performance. You should also be meticulous when it comes to preparing documentation and reports.
Project Analyst Responsibilities:
- Contributing to project planning, budgeting, and overall strategy.
- Conducting and presenting a feasibility analysis for proposed projects.
- Establishing key performance indicators.
- Monitoring and evaluating the overall project.
- Analyzing project data and producing insights to optimize performance.
- Identifying problems and shortfalls and proposing solutions.
- Providing operational support such as liaising with stakeholders, tracking timelines, etc.
- Preparing, reviewing, and maintaining project documentation and reports.
- Maintaining project contracts and financials.
Project Analyst Requirements:
- Degree in business, administration, or a related field required.
- Knowledgeable in all phases of the project management life cycle.
- Strong computer skills and experience with relevant software programs.
- Experience with stakeholder and financial management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources