Production Engineers are responsible for supervising and improving production at plants and factories. They support engineering teams, draw up safety protocols, report issues to the Manager, and develop strategies to improve efficiency and profit. Production Engineers should also attend seminars and keep learning to ensure best practices.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Production Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable, innovative Production Engineer to oversee manufacturing processes at our company. You will join our growing team of professionals and be responsible for supervising staff, ensuring health and safety codes are followed, training workers in the responsible use of machinery, identifying problems in the production line, troubleshooting equipment, and completing various administrative tasks.
To be successful as a Production Engineer, you should be an independent thinker and keen problem-solver. Outstanding Production Engineers are able to diagnose problems, train staff, and provide effective recommendations.
Production Engineer Responsibilities:
- Supervising the manufacturing processes, ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner.
- Liaising with other engineers to develop plans that improve production, costs, and labor required.
- Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing recommendations and training.
- Establishing safety procedures and protocols that take the workers' well-being into account, and that also minimize the carbon footprint.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in engineering and production, and sharing knowledge with co-workers.
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting unsafe practices.
- Drawing up production schedules and budgets for projects.
- Scheduling meetings with relevant departments and stakeholders.
- Analyzing all facets of production and making recommendations for improvement.
- Obtaining any materials and equipment required.
Production Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering (Master's degree preferable).
- Relevant license may be required.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proven experience in the engineering field.
- Superb analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources