Interview Questions for Production Assistants:
1. Describe how you would ensure that production is on schedule. What steps would you take?
Candidates should describe how they would ensure that daily or weekly objectives are met. Look for a methodical approach to time management.
2. Give an example of a time when you successfully multitasked.
Demonstrates an ability to multitask.
3. What is the most difficult production problem you had to solve?
Candidates could list a number of problems, including falling behind schedule or going over budget. Look for stories where candidates identified a problem, found a creative solution to it, and learned a valuable lesson from it.
4. You have to prepare a budget for a new project. How would you ensure its accuracy?
Tests the candidate’s ability to create accurate budgets and quotations.
5. Describe your experience in the performing arts industry. Which projects have you worked on before and what was your role?
Shows the candidate's experience in the industry.