Production Assistants work on TV shows and film sets, assisting the production team with administrative tasks and setting up equipment for shoots. The Production Assistant is also responsible for running errands for the production team.
When interviewing Production Assistants, the ideal candidate should show a passion for the industry and a willingness to work in several departments. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and low energy levels.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Production Assistants:
1. Describe how you would ensure that production is on schedule. What steps would you take?
Candidates should describe how they would ensure that daily or weekly objectives are met. Look for a methodical approach to time management.
2. Give an example of a time when you successfully multitasked.
Demonstrates an ability to multitask.
3. What is the most difficult production problem you had to solve?
Candidates could list from a number of problems, including falling behind schedule or going over budget. Look for stories where candidates identified a problem, found a creative solution to it and learned a valuable lesson from it.
4. You have to prepare a budget for a new project. How would you ensure its accuracy?
Tests the candidate’s ability to create accurate budgets and quotations.
5. Describe your experience in the performing arts industry. Which projects have you worked on before and what was your role?
Shows the candidate's experience in the industry.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources