Practice administrators oversee daily administrative processes and staff at medical facilities. They assist with business improvement plans, manage medical facilities' finances, perform hiring procedures, and monitor activities for compliance in health industry regulations. They may work for medical groups or at doctors’ and dentists’ offices.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Practice Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable practice administrator to perform business management tasks at our medical office. You will be supervising staff, contributing to business improvement plans, and overseeing the facility's finances. You may also need to liaise with outside parties.
To ensure success as a practice administrator, you should demonstrate expert knowledge of practice administration and ideally have experience in a similar medical facility. An outstanding medical practice administrator will be someone whose administrative expertise contributes to the provision of excellent healthcare services.
Practice Administrator Responsibilities:
- Assisting with business planning and the improvement of administrative processes.
- Developing budgets, monitoring expenditure, and performing daily financial management tasks.
- Supervising and hiring administrative staff.
- Training administrative staff and conducting performance reviews.
- Monitoring health and patient care practices for compliance in health regulations.
- Acting as a liaison with outside agencies such as government bodies and insurance companies.
- Creating and implementing healthcare service delivery improvement plans.
- Documenting processes and maintaining records.
- Keeping informed of trends in practice administration and healthcare regulations.
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
Practice Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration.
- At least five years' experience in practice administration and personnel management in a similar environment.
- Proficiency in electronic practice and health record management systems.
- Extensive experience in financial management.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable healthcare regulations.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources