Postsecondary teachers instruct and educate students involved in courses after high school. They train people according to programs that have specific focuses and conduct research and administration for their classes. They also handle tasks such as the development of course materials, grading, feedback, and new course development.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Postsecondary Teacher Job Description Template
We are searching for a quality postsecondary teacher to take over the presentation, planning, and development of our courses. In this role, you will be required to teach classes, formulate course materials, give feedback to students, and handle the associated administrative tasks relating to the position.
To ensure success as a postsecondary teacher, you should be confident in your subject of expertise and be able to deliver quality presentations to students. A top-notch postsecondary teacher will be well-spoken, possess great presentation skills, and have a thorough understanding of teaching practices and methodologies.
Postsecondary Teacher Responsibilities:
- Developing instructional resources and materials for lectures and lessons.
- Delivering lectures and classes to students both in-person and online.
- Formulating and developing syllabuses for courses in your department.
- Working with fellow teachers to improve or modify courses throughout the year.
- Marking, grading, and assessing assignments, tests, and other forms of testing.
- Offering feedback and advice to students in relation to the course.
- Advising students on course-related topics and career growth within the field.
- Contributing to and staying up to date with developments in your area of specialization.
- Meeting with other faculty/department members on a regular basis to discuss course-related topics.
- Attending organizational meetings, symposiums, and conferences as and when required.
Postsecondary Teacher Requirements:
- A master's or Ph.D. in the area of specialization in which you would like to instruct.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a postsecondary teacher in your specialized field.
- An understanding of best teaching practices and course-related administration.
- Experience in developing and presenting lectures, lessons, and courses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and public speaking abilities.
- Proficiency in grading and management of student-feedback.
- Computer proficient, with detailed knowledge of the management systems utilized in education (Blackboard, Sakai).
- Ability to work with various class sizes and assist students from different education levels and backgrounds.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources