Policy Analysts are agents of change who contribute to the formulation of effective policies. They are responsible for analyzing existing policies, suggesting amendments, and preparing drafts and the final versions of policies. Their duties also include ensuring that policies adhere to legal requirements.
When interviewing Policy Analysts, look for candidates with extensive experience in a related field of specialization and in-depth knowledge of policy formulation. Be wary of candidates who lack strong analytical abilities and those with limited knowledge of legalities that may apply to policy amendments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Policy Analysts:
1. Can you tell me your steps in analyzing policies?
Determines the candidate's experience, as well as how informed their approach is.
2. Which legislation have you found is often overlooked in policy formulation?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of legislation that should be considered when formulating policies.
3. What process have you found works the best for getting amendments approved?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and indicates whether they follow sufficiently inclusive processes.
4. Can you describe some omissions you have identified whilst reviewing policies?
Tests the candidate's experience and reveals whether the omissions they've identified are aligned with job expectations.
5. How do you stay up to date with regulation changes that might affect policies?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to stay informed about legal requirements that need to be considered when amending or formulating policies.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources