Interview Questions for Policy Analysts:
1. Can you tell me your steps in analyzing policies?
Determines the candidate's experience, as well as how informed their approach is.
2. Which legislation have you found is often overlooked in policy formulation?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of legislation that should be considered when formulating policies.
3. What process have you found works the best for getting amendments approved?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and indicates whether they follow sufficiently inclusive processes.
4. Can you describe some omissions you have identified whilst reviewing policies?
Tests the candidate's experience and reveals whether the omissions they've identified are aligned with job expectations.
5. How do you stay up to date with regulation changes that might affect policies?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to stay informed about legal requirements that need to be considered when amending or formulating policies.