PLC Programmer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled PLC programmer to design and install controller system software for our clients. You will be traveling to clients' locations, analyzing system requirements, writing and installing custom programmable logic code, testing system efficiency, and providing operational support.
To ensure success as a PLC programmer, you should have excellent knowledge of machine mechanics, a logical approach, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. A skilled PLC programmer should be able to easily identify and design a robust program fit for any mechanical or electrical purpose.
PLC Programmer Responsibilities:
- Traveling to clients' locations.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their mechanical or electrical automation needs.
- Drawing electrical or mechanical schematics to demonstrate how processes will work.
- Developing and installing machine programs using automation software and custom coding languages.
- Determining machine automation test criteria before the final installation.
- Testing automated systems for efficiency, safety, and reliability.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Overseeing the successful installation of PLC programs.
- Documenting development processes.
- Providing clients with technical support.
PLC Programmer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- PLC technical certification.
- At least 3 year's experience as a PLC programmer.
- Electrical and mechanical engineering experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and mechanical processes.
- Knowledge of software design principals.
- Proficiency in CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Detailed knowledge of PLC automation software and coding languages.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel when required.