PLC programmers design and install computer programming systems for automated machinery. They combine their mechanical knowledge with their software design skills to develop and implement software for programmable logic controllers (PLC).
When interviewing PLC programmers, look for candidates with extensive knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems as well as experience in software design. Avoid candidates with poor communication skills and those who are not comfortable with frequent travel.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for PLC Programmers:
1. What skills do you think PLC programmers need to be successful?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of the role and highlights their relevant industry skills.
2. What is the first step when designing software for a PLC unit?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of design procedures.
3. Have you ever been in a situation where a machine you programmed malfunctioned? What happened?
Highlights the candidate's troubleshooting skills.
4. How do you prioritize tasks in your daily work?
Demonstrates the candidate's organizational and time-management skills.
5. What was the most challenging programming project you worked on?
Reveals the candidate's industry experience and highlights their key skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources