Plasterer Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled plasterer to work on our construction projects and to deliver excellent plastering to our clients. In this role, you will be providing quotes, consulting with clients, mixing materials, applying plasters, and reporting any building issues.
To ensure success as a plasterer you need to skilled at internal and external applications, work independently, and be able to understand the client's desires. A top-notch plasterer has knowledge of different plaster types, both wet and dry, and be able to apply browning, bonding, thistle, carlite, and dri-coat as needed.
- Quoting clients and other stakeholders on job costs.
- Discussing project plans with relevant stakeholders and clients.
- Examining and priming surfaces for plastering.
- Selecting the appropriate plastering materials for different sites.
- Protecting non-plastering surfaces with appropriate materials.
- Applying different plasters to exterior and interior surfaces.
- Fixing and repairing previous plastering work when necessary.
- Reporting any structural issues to the site foreman.
- Mixing and preparing mortar, plasters, and other finishes.
- Consulting with other contractors to ensure project deadlines are met timeously.
- Trade-school qualification or proof of apprenticeship with a certified plasterer/builder.
- One years' experience as a plasterer or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of different plastering techniques and materials.
- Good communication and professional skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team sometimes outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of material purchasing processes is beneficial.
- Ability to provide plastering quotations and cost estimates to team members.
- Experience in using several types of plastering materials.
- Knowledge of decorative plastering and design are preferential.