Plasterers apply finishes to walls and ceilings as well as oversee the process of selecting, mixing, and applying plaster materials for construction and decorative purposes. They can be trained in specific tasks such as wooden timber plastering and custom lintel fabrication or as skilled general laborers.
When interviewing plasterers, strong candidates will have detailed knowlege of various plaster application procedures and have significant experience in this job role. Be wary of candidates who have limited knowledge of construction techniques, and those who are unable to work in harsh environments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Plasterers:
1. Can you describe the process of preparing an external wall for plastering?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge about their trade and how they go about their work.
2. What kind of safety precautions do you take when handling dangerous chemicals?
Evaluates the candidate’s knowledge of applicable safety procedures and guidelines.
3. How would you ensure that completed projects are in line with the client's expectations?
Examines the candidate’s organization, communication, and time management abilities.
4. What do you find the most difficult about plastering?
Tests the applicant's experience and knowledge about construction and the plastering process.
5. How would you deal with an aggressive contractor who is assigned to work with you?
Tests the candidate’s professionalism and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources