Pipeline Inspector Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented pipeline inspector to examine and assess pipeline infrastructure. In this role, you will be required to inspect pipelines for faults, prepare technical diagnostic reports, and provide recommendations to resolve pipeline issues.
To be a successful pipeline inspector, you should be mechanically minded and have a keen eye for detail. Skilled pipeline inspectors should be able to accurately diagnose pipeline faults and defects, and provide cost-effective solutions.
Pipeline Inspector Responsibilities:
- Reviewing construction plans, schematics, and permits.
- Overseeing the construction of pipelines to ensure compliance with all technical and safety regulations.
- Performing visual inspections to detect faults, damage, corrosion, or leaks in pipelines.
- Using equipment such as ultrasonic, X-ray, and magnetic flux systems to assist in pipeline assessment.
- Identifying and presenting the causes of pipeline faults.
- Documenting assessments and generating incident reports for faulty or defective pipelines.
- Presenting repair, maintenance, and mitigation solutions for compromised pipelines.
- Planning and supervising the pipeline repair and maintenance processes.
- Ensuring that all regulatory and permit documentation is prepared and filed correctly.
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends in inspection software and tools.
Pipeline Inspector Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, data analytics, or similar.
- Pipeline Construction Inspector certification.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a pipeline inspector or similar.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficiency in pipeline inspection software such as ITpipes, PipeLogix, and GIS-based systems.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA and PHSMA regulations.
- Experience with inspection equipment such as pipeline inspection gauges, sonar, and magnetic flux systems.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to travel and work in harsh weather conditions.