Piano Tuner Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled piano tuner to repair and tune our customers' pianos. As a piano tuner, you will be required to travel to the customers' location, assess the needs of the client, tune pianos, replace broken parts, and conduct minor repairs. You may also be required to advise clients on purchasing alternative products.
To ensure success as a piano tuner, you should have excellent piano playing skills, a good ear for pitch, and good communication skills. A top-notch piano tuner expertly tunes and maintains pianos of all makes and sizes.
Piano Tuner Responsibilities:
- Traveling to the customers' location.
- Meeting with clients to discuss instrument issues.
- Assessing the physical status of the piano.
- Assessing the sound quality by playing the instrument.
- Advising clients on repair or replacement costs.
- Replacing broken parts and conducting minor repairs.
- Tuning pianos by tightening or loosening strings with a tuning hammer.
- Conducing post-tuning sound assessments.
- Ensuring the client is happy with the sound quality.
- Processing work orders and invoices.
- Maintaining repair stock.
Piano Tuner Requirements:
- Bachelor of music degree.
- Piano Technician certificate.
- Advanced piano playing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of piano makes and models.
- Knowledge of piano mechanisms.
- A good ear for sound quality and pitch.
- Fine motor skills.
- Basic sales skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel.