Also known as Piano Technicians, Piano Tuners are responsible for repairing and tuning pianos for private clients, schools, churches, and government organizations. Piano Tuners usually work for a piano repair or manufacturing company and advise on piano upgrades when necessary.
When interviewing Piano Tuners, the ideal candidate will have advanced piano playing skills, a good ear for sound quality, and good communication skills. Be wary of candidates with poor interpersonal skills and those who are unable to travel frequently.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Piano Tuners:
1. What made you want to work as a Piano Tuner?
Demonstrates a passion for music and a talent for piano playing.
2. What skills do you think Piano Tuners need to be successful?
Highlights the candidate’s analytical and musical skills.
3. What techniques do you use to assess the physical status of a piano?
Shows knowledge of the mechanical workings of a piano.
4. How do you deal with rude or difficult clients?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
5. What was the most difficult repair or tuning job you completed in your previous work?
Reveals the candidate’s repairing skills and highlights previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources