Also known as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Physicians, Physiatrists provide holistic care that will result in the recovery of the whole person by focusing on rehabilitating patients through addressing their physical, emotional, medical, vocational, and social needs.
Successful candidates will be personable and possess a genuine desire to help people with disabilities or those suffering from other debilitating physical conditions. Avoid candidates that are unable to diagnose and treat pain as a result of an injury, disease, or disabling condition.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Physiatrists:
1. What process do you follow to locate and diagnose a patient’s source of pain?
Demonstrates broad medical expertise and the ability to diagnose various medical conditions.
2. Describe a time when you collaborated with other medical professionals, such as a physical therapist, to develop a treatment plan for a patient. Was it successful?
Shows the ability to work with others.
3. Describe your most successful medical case to date. What factors contributed to your success?
Proves work experience.
4. How do you stay up to date with new treatments and advancements in physical medicine and rehabilitation?
Shows continuous training and professional development.
5. How do you motivate patients that are feeling despondent? How do you deal with patients who refuse to cooperate with you?
Tests interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources