Pharmacy technicians work under the supervision of a pharmacist to dispense prescription and over the counter medication to customers or health professionals. They also assemble medicines for prescriptions and provide information about medications. They work in a hospital pharmacy or retail pharmacy under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pharmacy Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Pharmacy Technician to be responsible for handling customer transactions and inventory at our pharmacy. You will be dispensing both prescription and over the counter medicine to customers. You will also be responsible for checking and evaluating written prescriptions, as well as recording and verifying patient information while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with regulations.
In order to be a successful candidate, you must display excellent communication skills and an affinity for great customer service. You must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced work environment.
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities:
- Accepting written prescriptions or refill requests from patients and evaluating information for completeness and accuracy.
- Recording medical histories while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Delivering quality customer service to patients, responding to inquiries, questions, or requests, and referring them to the pharmacist for medical information.
- Verifying the accuracy of patient information.
- Counting prescription medication, filling prescriptions, and typing and attaching medication labels.
- Performing inventory audits and purchasing supplies and medication.
- Process patient insurance.
Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A pharmacy technician certification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to use a computer for day-to-day tasks.
- Basic math skills for counting medications.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in a fast paced work environment.