Pharmacy Technicians fulfill prescriptions, distribute medications to customers and healthcare professionals, and provide healthcare information. Strong candidates will be detail-oriented, communicative, and knowledgeable. Avoid those who lack customer service skills.
Interview Questions for Pharmacy Technicians
1. As a pharmacy technician, what duties do you expect to perform?
Shows job expectations.
2. On busy days, how would you ensure that tasks are completed accurately and efficiently while also managing the line?
Tests customer service skills.
3. What would you do if you noticed suspicious behavior from customers or co-workers?
Demonstrates ethical behavior.
4. Describe your experience validating prescriptions and processing insurance claims.
Demonstrates the ability to handle clerical work.
5. You hear a pharmacist giving a customer incorrect information about medications. What do you do?
Tests integrity and interpersonal skills.