Pharmacy Assistants assist pharmacists by performing all clerical duties necessary to ensure that a pharmacy is running efficiently. They answer telephone calls, manage the cash register, and restock shelves with medication and other pharmaceutical supplies.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pharmacy Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an efficient Pharmacy Assistant to perform all clerical duties required for the efficient running of the pharmacy. The Pharmacy Assistant’s responsibilities include creating and maintaining patient files, placing orders for pharmaceutical supplies, and operating the cash register. You should also be able to direct patients’ medication-related questions to the pharmacist.
To be successful as a Pharmacy Assistant, you should be able to receive and unpack new stock delivered by suppliers. Ultimately, an outstanding Pharmacy Assistant should ensure that shelves are properly stocked and organized and that work areas are always clean.
Pharmacy Assistant Responsibilities:
- Taking inventory of all medication and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Processing sales transactions for medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Directing all questions relating to prescriptions, health matters, or medications to the pharmacist.
- Answering all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Restocking shelves with medications and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Accurately typing and printing out prescription labels.
- Attending to emails and fax messages.
- Ensuring that work areas are organized and clean.
Pharmacy Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience assisting in a pharmacy.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources