Pet Sitter Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a reliable and trustworthy pet sitter to care for pets while their owners are away. The Pet Sitter's responsibilities include cooking special meals for pets as instructed by pet owners, reporting behavioral issues to pet owners, as well as playing with pets to encourage mental and physical stimulation. You should also be able to vacuum pet hair and dander off carpets and furniture.
To be successful as a pet sitter, you should be knowledgeable of animal behavior and adept at caring for all kinds of pets. Ultimately, an outstanding pet sitter should be able to perform animal CPR as well as demonstrate excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Pet Sitter Responsibilities:
- Meeting with pet owners to gather pertinent pet care information and discuss pet sitting duties.
- Providing pets with food and fresh water.
- Administering medication to pets according to the instructions provided by pet owners.
- Cleaning out litter boxes, cages, and aquariums, as well as changing rodents' beddings.
- Exercising pets as needed, which includes taking dogs out for regular walks.
- Grooming pets as required, which include bathing them, cleaning out their ears, brushing their teeth and coats, and trimming their nails.
- Providing regular updates to pet owners, which include communicating with them telephonically or via email as well as sending video clips and photos.
- Promptly notifying pet owners of pet illnesses or injuries that may occur.
- Accompanying pets to the veterinary for check-ups or vaccinations.
Pet Sitter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a pet sitter.
- Working knowledge of animal behavior.
- The ability to perform animal CPR and first aid.
- The ability to care for different animals of various sizes and breeds.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- A love for animals.
- Patient, reliable, and trustworthy.