Pet Groomers perform various grooming duties necessary to improve pets’ hygiene and enhance their physical appearance. They bath, brush, and dry pets, clean their teeth and ears, as well as trim their nails and hair/fur.
Pet Groomer Job Description Template
We are looking for a friendly Pet Groomer to perform all grooming-related duties necessary to ensure that pets are neat, clean, and look their best. The Pet Groomer’s responsibilities include bathing animals of various sizes and temperaments, trimming, clipping, or shaving hair/fur, and removing matted hair. You should also be able to ensure that grooming tools and equipment are in good working condition.
To be successful as a Pet Groomer, you should be able to comply with pet owners' instructions as well as accommodate any special requests that they may have. Ultimately, a top-notch Pet Groomer will treat all animals with the utmost love and care.
Pet Groomer Responsibilities:
- Dematting and detangling hair as required.
- Bathing, conditioning, and drying pets.
- Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
- Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles.
- Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have.
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations.
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
- Routinely cleaning work areas.
- Recommending suitable products to pet owners.
Pet Groomer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification through the National Dog Groomer Association of America is advantageous.
- Proven professional grooming experience.
- Sound understanding of animal behavior.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to treat all animals with compassion.
- The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources