Personnel Security Specialists investigate the backgrounds of job applicants who require a security clearance. They review screening questionnaires and interview answers, verify background information, and adjudicate on the granting of clearances. They also ensure the protection of applicants' personal information.
When interviewing Personnel Security Specialists, look for candidates with demonstrable experience in background checking and the ability to apply sound judgment in adjudicating on security clearances. Avoid candidates with limited knowledge of background investigation techniques and those who lack resourcefulness.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Personnel Security Specialists:
1. Which information would you typically gather for a background check?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and experience in background checking.
2. How do you eliminate the possibility that someone has a criminal record abroad?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge and experience in criminal background checking.
3. Describe a time when your investigation led to a security clearance denial?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and their ability to perform thorough background checks.
4. Which factors might be overlooked by less experienced security specialists?
Tests the candidate's knowledge and reveals the extent of their own background checking experience.
5. How do you go about ensuring the protection of applicants’ personal information?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and their ability to adhere to policies aimed at protecting personal information.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources