Also known as Caregivers, Personal Care Assistants assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients to perform routine activities. Their duties include providing mobility support, assisting with personal hygiene, and performing household chores. Personal Care Assistants may work at care facilities or be directly employed by clients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Personal Care Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate Personal Care Assistant to support clients living with physical, emotional, or cognitive impairments. Your duties will include performing basic housekeeping duties, assisting with personal hygiene, and providing companionship.
To ensure success as a Personal Care Assistant, you should possess experience in a similar role and knowledge of best practices in providing personal care. Ultimately, a first-class Personal Care Assistant will be someone who prioritizes the wellbeing of clients and demonstrates a caring approach.
Personal Care Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing immobile, recovering, or frail clients with support, company, and comfort.
- Dispencing medications, administering treatments, and assisting with exercise routines as prescribed.
- Reporting changes in the physical, mental, and emotional conditions of clients to relevant parties.
- Providing support with personal hygiene, including bathroom visits, bathing, dressing, and brushing teeth.
- Engaging clients in suitable activities, such as playing games, taking walks, or having conversations.
- Performing basic housekeeping duties, including cleaning, laundry, and preparing meals.
- Assisting clients with household finances, bills, and payments, as well as running errands.
- Accompanying clients on outings and arranging transportation to medical appointments.
- Providing mobility support, including assistance with walking aids and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining a hygienic, tidy, and safe environment.
Personal Care Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- National Caregiver Certification Course (NCCC) preferred.
- A minimum of two years' of experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in providing personal care.
- Available to work irregular hours, including night shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience in administering prescribed medications and treatments.
- Extensive experience in assisting clients with mobility and personal hygiene.
- Ability to perform housekeeping tasks, prepare meals, pay household bills, and run errands.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a caring approach, and physically fit.
- Ability to maintain a tidy and safe living environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources