Personal Care Assistants provide support and companionship to clients living with impairments. They administer prescribed medications, perform basic household tasks, and provide assistance with personal hygiene and mobility. They may be employed at private homes or care facilities.
When interviewing Personal Care Assistants, look for candidates with experience in a similar role and knowledge of best practices in caregiving. Avoid candidates who lack a caring approach and those with limited interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Personal Care Assistants:
1. Can you describe a daily schedule that you've followed with a client?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and experience in planning suitable schedules.
2. Which technique works best to move a client from a wheelchair into a bed?
Tests the candidate’s experience and skills, as well as the level of care they take.
3. Can you tell me about a challenge you’ve successfully resolved with a client?
Assesses the candidate's problem-solving skills, compassion, and their ability to perform under pressure.
4. In your experience, which activities do mobility impaired clients seem to enjoy?
Reveals the candidate's experience and whether they consider needs other than the physical.
5. How do you ensure the safety of frail clients during bathing?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge of suitable techniques and precautions.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources