Payroll Director Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dynamic payroll director to join our company's financial department. You'll be responsible for directing all aspects of payroll operations, which include overseeing company payments, reviewing payroll changes, and compiling payroll summaries for management review.
To ensure success as a payroll director, you should be able to create suitable financial strategies for the continuous improvement of payroll systems. Ultimately, a top-notch payroll director should possess excellent managerial skills and the ability to supervise personnel working on payroll procedures.
Payroll Director Responsibilities:
- Managing all aspects of the payroll process, such as approving transactions and reviewing exemptions.
- Changing individual payrolls as stipulated by management, such as tax deductions or salary adjustments.
- Maintaining payroll systems and reporting any issues to management.
- Supervising personnel involved in payroll and ensuring the best financial practices are adhered to.
- Auditing payroll transactions to ensure that accounts, payment dates, and taxes are accurate and up to date.
- Creating monthly and annual payroll reports for management review.
- Ensuring all payroll systems comply with federal tax laws.
- Attending to any payroll-related queries or questions from employees.
Payroll Director Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, human resource management, or a similar field.
- At least three years' experience as a payroll director or payroll manager.
- Excellent knowledge of payroll software, such as Paycor, Zenefits, and UZIO.
- Familiarity with labor legislation and federal tax laws.
- The ability to ethically work with employee-sensitive information.
- Solid knowledge of data entry management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with team members.