Payroll directors are also referred to as payroll managers and are responsible for the management of payroll systems and processes. Their main objectives are to ensure that monthly payroll transactions are processed promptly and that all payroll systems comply with tax laws.
When interviewing payroll directors, the best candidate will demonstrate excellent knowledge of labor legislation, as well as payroll procedures. Be wary of candidates with poor organizational and time management skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Payroll Directors:
1. Which payroll software systems do you enjoy working with?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of payroll software.
2. How would you write a set of instructions to explain the payroll process to your team?
Reveals the candidate's communication skills and knowledge of payroll procedures.
3. How would you manage your time to meet your payroll-related deadlines?
Highlights the candidate's organizational and time management skills.
4. How do you keep up to date with payroll-related tax changes?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of federal tax laws and willingness to learn about new laws and regulations.
5. How would you check for accuracy before submitting payroll?
Demonstrates the candidate's critical thinking skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources