Interview Questions for Payroll Accountants:
1. Can you describe payroll procedures that junior staff may overlook?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and reveals their potential to train others.
2. How would you typically go about keeping track of overtime earnings?
Tests the candidate's knowledge and ability to perform routine recordkeeping tasks.
3. Can you share some of your tips to prepare an internal payroll report?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience in payroll reporting.
4. In your experience, which payroll processing software works the best, and why?
Highlights the candidate's experience and knowledge of industry software.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you handled a challenging payroll query?
Reveals the candidate's experience, as well as their problem-solving and communication skills.