Payroll Accountants ensure that salaries are processed accurately and in a timely manner. They prepare ledger entries, compile payroll reports, and calculate overtime earnings and deductions. They also ensure that payroll processing is compliant with federal, state, and local laws.
When interviewing Payroll Accountants, look for candidates who demonstrate extensive experience in payroll processing and knowledge of payroll software. Avoid candidates who lack attention to detail and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Payroll Accountants:
1. Can you describe payroll procedures that junior staff may overlook?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience and reveals their potential to train others.
2. How would you typically go about keeping track of overtime earnings?
Tests the candidate's knowledge and their ability to perform routine recordkeeping tasks.
3. Can you share some of your tips to prepare an internal payroll report?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience in payroll reporting.
4. In your experience, which payroll processing software works the best, and why?
Highlights the candidate's experience and their knowledge of industry software.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you handled a challenging payroll query?
Reveals the candidate's experience, as well as their problem-solving and communication skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources