Interview Questions for Payroll Officers:
1. What skills do you have that make you a good payroll officer?
Tests candidate’s understanding of the role and highlights pertinent skills.
2. How do you ensure timesheets match the hours reflected on the payroll software?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of standard accounting procedures.
3. What would you do if you found inconsistencies with company payroll information?
Demonstrates the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
4. How do prioritize your daily tasks to ensure maximum efficiency?
Demonstrates the candidate’s organization and time management skills.
5. How would you explain complex taxation information to a new employee?
Highlights the candidate’s communication and interpersonal skills.