Patient Services Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic patient services technician to join our medical facility. In this role, your duties will include taking care of the basic medical needs of patients, documenting their vital signs, cleaning their rooms daily, and communicating with doctors about patients' healthcare plans.
To ensure success as a patient services technician, you should display a commitment to the health and safety of patients, and exceptional knowledge of patient assistance and care procedures. Ultimately, a top-notch patient services technician should be friendly, approachable, and empathetic, with an excellent bedside manner.
Patient Services Technician Responsibilities:
- Assisting patients with everyday needs, such as eating, personal hygiene, and using the restroom.
- Monitoring patients' vital signs, such as their temperature, pulse, and electrocardiogram (EKG) signals.
- Documenting patients' conditions and updating the medical team on any major changes.
- Escorting patients to physiotherapy, diagnostic imaging processes, or surgery wards.
- Taking fluid samples or other specimens.
- Working with the medical team of nurses and doctors to set up a daily care plan for patients.
- Cleaning and sterilizing rooms on a daily basis in compliance with health and safety standards.
- Ensuring patients' rooms have adequate care supplies.
- Providing appropriate emotional support to patients when needed.
Patient Services Technician Requirements:
- A certificate in patient services technician training, nursing, or a similar field.
- A certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- A minimum of two years' experience as a patient services technician.
- Working knowledge of EKG signals, vital signs measurements, and dialysis treatments.
- Strong knowledge of medical health and safety laws, regulations, and policies.
- Excellent bedside manner with a friendly, approachable demeanor.
- Ability to display empathy and provide patients with emotional support.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and thrive in a stressful working environment.