Party Planner Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable self-starter to be our new party planner. The party planner’s responsibilities include meeting with clients to determine their needs and budget, suggesting and visiting prospective venues, developing floor plans, and liaising with vendors, suppliers, and other service providers. You should be able to negotiate the best contracts and juggle multiple responsibilities.
To be successful as a party planner, you should be passionate about entertaining people and coordinating social events. Outstanding candidates are network-savvy, resilient, flexible, and able to function under pressure.
Party Planner Responsibilities:
- Discussing and confirming all event details, including the number of guests, floor layouts, venue, color schemes, food, decor, theme, and budget with the clients.
- Visiting venues, sampling food, liaising with caterers, musicians, and other service providers and vendors.
- Conducting research, which may include sending emails, searching online, and making phone calls to ensure professional service delivery and a memorable event.
- Devising floor layouts, menus, parking arrangements, and invitations and ensuring clients are satisfied with them.
- Ensuring all food, drinks, chairs, tables, and decorations are delivered and set up on time.
- Monitoring guest confirmations and cancellations, and answering any queries.
- Notifying clients of any changes or problems as soon as possible.
- Developing timeframes, checklists, and delegating tasks to the relevant parties.
- Staying current on all the latest design and party trends.
- Creating a portfolio of all events planned and collecting testimonials from satisfied clients.
Party Planner Requirements:
- Degree in hospitality, design or a related field may be required.
- A strong portfolio of previous work.
- Good client references and testimonials are a plus.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Superb networking skills, customer service, and negotiation tactics.
- Strong multitasking abilities and the ability to function under pressure.
- A valid driver’s license.