Party Planners coordinate and arrange all kinds of special events. They plan weddings, birthdays, milestone anniversaries, product launches, and other corporate gatherings. Day-to-day activities vary based on the client and event requirements, but Party Planners typically negotiate with vendors and suppliers, and may also travel to venues.
When interviewing Party Planners, the best candidates are detail-oriented multitaskers. Be wary of those who struggle to focus and demonstrate poor communication and time management.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Party Planners:
1. How would you go about organizing a launch party for a new clothing line?
Reveals more about the candidate, their approach to party planning, as well as their time management and organizational skills.
2. Can you tell me about a time when you negotiated a better price or contract?
Tests communication and negotiation skills, as well as business sense.
3. You are three tables short and the incorrect flowers arrived. What do you do?
Demonstrates the ability to make decisions under pressure and remain professional. Also reveals problem-solving skills.
4. Describe a time when you dealt with a fussy client. What did you learn?
Reveals conflict resolution and customer service skills, as well as a willingness to learn.
5. Describe the best project you have completed so far. What made it so special?
Highlights level of skill and experience, as well as the ability to identify a well-executed event. Might also highlight candidates' areas of expertise.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources