Interview Questions for PACU Nurses:
1. Can you tell me about a time when your intervention led to a positive outcome?
Demonstrates the candidate's PACU skills and experience, as well as their ability to take proactive steps when under pressure.
2. Which steps do you take if a patient’s blood pressure concerns you?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and ability to closely monitor vital sign measurements to determine whether specialized intervention is required.
3. Can you describe your approach to reassuring distressed PACU patients?
Assesses the candidate's experience and ability to manage patients recovering from anesthesia.
4. What are signs of serious anesthesia side effects and how do you react to them?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of serious complications and their ability to facilitate appropriate interventions.
5. Can you explain your experience with electronic health records software?
Highlights the candidate's experience and proficiency in electronic health records management.