PACU nurses monitor the condition of post-surgery patients. They closely observe the consciousness levels of patients recovering from anesthesia, treat side-effects of anesthesia medication, and carefully monitor recovering patients' vital signs.
When interviewing PACU nurses, look for candidates who possess extensive experience working in a highly pressurized, fast-paced environment and the ability to reassure patients recovering from anesthesia. Be wary of candidates who lack the ability to collaborate with others and those with poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for PACU Nurses:
1. Can you tell me about a time when your intervention led to a positive outcome?
Demonstrates the candidate's PACU skills and experience, as well as their ability to take proactive steps when under pressure.
2. Which steps do you take if a patient’s blood pressure concerns you?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and their ability to closely monitor vital sign measurements to determine whether specialized intervention is required.
3. Can you describe your approach to reassuring distressed PACU patients?
Assesses the candidate's experience and their ability to manage patients recovering from anesthesia.
4. What are signs of serious anesthesia side effects and how do you react to them?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of serious complications and their ability to facilitate appropriate interventions.
5. Can you explain your experience with electronic health records software?
Highlights the candidate's experience and proficiency in electronic health records management.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources