Outreach Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a hard-working outreach coordinator to join our organization. The outreach coordinator's responsibilities include data collection and analysis, representing our organization at trade fairs, organizing media events, fundraising, and coordinating volunteer activities.
To be a successful outreach coordinator, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should also be skilled in the use of institutional databases and research methods, as well as in handling administrative duties.
Outreach Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Handling public relations, such as developing strategic relationships, attending tradeshows, and conducting informational presentations at universities, clubs, and civic groups.
- Developing press releases, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Developing and maintaining the organization's website.
- Organizing outreach events, including sales, marketing, and planning, to promote the services of the organization and receive donations.
- Collecting and analyzing data on local demographics, developing results, and presenting the conclusions to the relevant departments.
- Advertising for, screening, and recruiting volunteers, providing them with training and support, tracking their performance, and keeping records of their activities.
- Creating activities to supplement and support staff needs.
- Verifying the volunteers' availability, receiving their feedback, recognizing their efforts, and answering their questions.
- Performing administrative duties, such as overseeing mailings, organizing travel, monitoring budget information, and reporting on financial issues.
Outreach Coordinator Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, social services, or related field.
- 2-3 years' experience in the field may be advantageous.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Experience with institutional databases, public access sites, and primary research skills.
- Good reporting, technical, and statistical skills.
- Experience with budget management.