A Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all aspects regarding volunteers and the organization they work for, from recruiting new volunteers and promoting volunteer opportunities to conveying the organization's purpose to the public. A Volunteer Coordinator arranges all the details of volunteering and keeps all parties informed.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Volunteer Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented and focused Volunteer Coordinator to be responsible for our database of volunteers and volunteer opportunities. The Volunteer Coordinator's responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organization's purpose to the public.
A successful Volunteer Coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of our organization while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Using marketing tools such as outreach programs, e-mails, and volunteer databases.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Organizing training and leading on-the-job training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers' work.
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization's values.
- Ensuring the organization's purpose is coveyed to the public.
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
- An Associate's Degree in Business Management, Human Resources or a related field.
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
- Working knowledge of databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and team building skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources