Orderly Attendants assist patients at hospitals and care facilities. They ensure that mobility-impaired patients are moved around the facility safely and assist patients with taking meals, visiting the bathroom, and performing personal hygiene tasks. They are also required to measure blood pressure and temperature.
When interviewing Orderly Attendants, a first-class Orderly Attendant will have experience in a similar role and the ability to assume responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of patients. Avoid candidates who lack knowledge of appropriate techniques in patient care and those with limited interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Orderly Attendants:
1. Can you share a few of your tips to sanitize medical equipment properly?
Reveals which equipment the candidate regularly used, as well as their knowledge of sterilization procedures.
2. Tell me your technique in moving a frail patient from a bed into a wheelchair?
Demonstrates the applicant’s experience and skills, as well as the level of care they take.
3. Can you explain the best way to assist a bed-ridden patient with oral hygiene?
Tests the candidate's experience and their knowledge of routine personal hygiene tasks.
4. A patient needs to be moved from a gurney to a bed. How is it done safely?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge of the role they need to fulfill and their awareness of safety precautions.
5. Describe a time when you dealt with a challenging patient. What happened?
Displays the candidate's experience, as well as interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources