An Order Selector works in a warehouse or stockroom to select, store, pack, and monitor the inventory of products and fill customer orders correctly. Also known as a Picker or Warehouse Selector, an Order Selector ensures items are properly packaged for shipping and will arrive safely at their destination.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Order Selector Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Order Selector to be responsible for managing and filling incoming customer orders and ensuring they are correct. The Order Selector's responsibilities include selecting, storing, packing, and monitoring the inventory of products and equipment, and performing tasks related to the shipping and transporting of customer orders. This is a physically demanding job and may require the Order Selector to travel to other warehouse locations.
To be a successful Order Selector, you should have strong team working and organizational skills and you should demonstrate attention to detail. You should be physically fit, able to operate warehouse equipment and machinery, and have the ability to maintain an awareness of your surroundings when transporting items in a busy warehouse.
Order Selector Responsibilities:
- Reading customer orders accurately.
- Locating and selecting the specific warehouse items to fulfill the customer's order.
- Operating forklifts and other warehouse machinery to stack items and prepare orders for shipping.
- Placing the prepared orders in the correct dock slips for loading onto shipping trucks.
- Performing visual inspections of orders to ensure they are correct and ready for shipment.
- Labeling order shipments correctly for easy identification.
- Applying shrink wrap to the prepared order before shipping.
- Following warehouse safety procedures for the operation of equipment, such as wearing proper clothing, safe food handling, and maintaining awareness of your surroundings and the other workers when transporting items.
- Keeping the warehouse clean and organized at all times.
Order Selector Requirements:
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as an Order Selector may be advantageous.
- Experience with inventory management and good computer skills.
- A forklift or other machinery license.
- Good mechanical skills to operate machinery and equipment.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamworking skills.
- Physical stamina to lift heavy loads and remain standing for long periods.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources