Oral surgery assistants support surgeons with operations on the face, mouth, and jaw. They perform diagnostic imaging procedures, prepare surgical materials and instruments, monitor patients' vital signs during surgery, and render postoperative care.
When interviewing oral surgery assistants, strong candidates will be highly organized and able to provide an excellent level of patient care. Avoid candidates who lack sufficient chairside experience with maxillofacial surgeons.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Oral Surgery Assistants:
1. What oral surgery procedures have you performed?
Reveals the candidate's work experience.
2. How would you prepare the operating room before surgery?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and organizational skills.
3. How have you handled anxious patients in the past?
Assesses the candidate's interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
4. How would you prepare a patient for a dental X-ray?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of dental imaging procedures.
5. How would you manage the balance between your administrative and medical duties?
Examines the candidate's planning and multitasking skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources