Oracle Database Administrators, also known as Oracle DBAs, are responsible for the implementation and management of a company’s Oracle database system. DBAs install the Enterprise IT software, create storage structures, build backup modules, and maintain the security of the entire database.
When interviewing Oracle Database Administrators, the most suitable candidate will have extensive experience as a Database Administrator, in-depth knowledge of Oracle systems, and high-level problem-solving skills. Be wary of candidates who lack experience with DBA case tools and anyone not familiar with API programming languages.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Oracle Database Administrators:
1. How do you go about designing database solutions for a company?
Demonstrates the communication and design skills of the candidate.
2. Why did you decide to specialize in Oracle database systems?
Indicates a passion for database management and inherent IT skills.
3. How would you deal with data loss during a major database migration?
Highlights the candidate’s ability to think critically and deal with high-pressure situations.
4. What process do you use to troubleshoot database problems?
Demonstrates the candidates troubleshooting skills and their knowledge of best practices.
5. What was the largest database system you managed in the past?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights the candidate’s skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources